MEIC provides high quality of services to our students and our education partners. We have been more focusing to improve the best services and education recruitment for clients around the world in countries such as Asia, Middle-Eastern countries, Europe and North and South America Countries.

Our highly trained and professional education counsellors will assist clients in enrolling in a wide range of education institutes, including language training centres, primary and secondary schools, vocational training institutes, colleges and universities.

Q & A

Do I need an IELTS score to study in Australia middle schools?

It is not compulsory for international students to take IELTS tests before enrolling in Australia middle schools. However, if students provide IELTS scores, they do not need to compete a full English language course. Otherwise, they are required to take an English language course for half a year.

What are the requirements if I want to go to Australian secondary school or senior secondary school?

  • For students in year 10, they have to be under 18 years old. For students in year 11, they have to be under 19 years old. Student cannot go to year 12 directly.
  • Student must have completed their junior high school overseas (in China) and get a diploma, or they are the current year 10/11 students in high school.
  • If students choose a private high school, they must take AEAS test.

I want to study a Master Degree in Australia, how much do I need to prepare for studying abroad?

Annual tuition fees for international graduate students is around Aud$25,000 to $40,000. Annual living cost in Australia for one person is Aud$21,000.

My child is going to primary school in Australia, how to apply for my parent accompanying visa?

The Australian Government opened accompanying visa for families and relatives of international students under the age of 18.

Applicant basic requirements:

  • Must be the parent, legal guardian or relative of the student visa holder
  • Above 21 years old
  • Have the capacity to provide accommodation and other financial support

Allowable stay length:

The length of visa accompanying with the student visa, up to 5 years. If the student visa is applying for extension, accompanying visa is accompanied.

Visa application fee:

$620.00 + surcharge

Processing time:

From 55 days to 4 months (depend on the circumstances), the specific conditions is considered. If the documents are prepared adequately, the visa will be issued with student visa.


590 guardians are required to provide one-year living expenses 22000 AUD and travel expenses 2000 AUD, if have other children under 18, the yearly expenses is around 2970 AUD.

My child is under 18, how to select host family?

There are a couple of things to be considered:

  • Host family members are well-behaved and have no criminal record
  • Fixed property and stable income
  • Parents of home stay are caring and responsible for providing a wonderful family atmosphere
  • Willing to communicate and accept Chinese students, and have passion on Chinese culture
  • Enthusiastic and willing to help international students fit in Australian culture and life
  • Parents have enough time to look after host students

My “Gaokao” score is above “Yi Ben” (top public universities entry/admission scores), can I apply to Group Eight universities in Australia directly?

Chinese high school students can use the “Gaokao” results to apply to all Australian universities except for the University of Melbourne, with no preparatory course or interview needed. Applicants need to provide IELTS score of 6 to 6.5 if they apply for the freshman course in university.

What documents do I have to prepare for onshore school application or transferring?

  1. Scanned copies of your valid passport and visa
  2. Academic transcripts of your current course
  3. Attendance report of your current course
  4. Current study certificate
  5. Personal statement (around 500 words)

Note: Clients may be asked for different documents based on the requirement of different countries, schools and courses.

What is the process of onshore application/transferring?

  1. Apply for your admission to an institution
  2. Receive a conditional offer from the ideal institution
  3. Meet the requirements and provide the additional supporting documents on time
  4. Receive and accept the full offer
  5. Institution transferring request approved by your current institution
  6. CoE confirmed and cancelled by your current institution OR Apply for a Letter of Release
  7. Receive and accept the full offer, pay tuition fee and provide additional documents
  8. Receive the new CoE
  9. Congratulations! You’ve successfully enrolled in your new institution!

Is a Letter of Release compulsory for onshore institution transferring?

Under the Australian National Code of Practice for Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2018, you MUST complete 6 months of your Principal Course before you can transfer to another institution without the Letter of Release. Otherwise, you MUST need a Letter of Release and cancel your current CoE before transferring to other institution. You also need to explain or provide specific reasons in your application of Letter of Release.

What is the Casper Test?

The CASPER (Computer-Based Assessment for Sampling Personal Characteristics) test is an online screening tool designed to evaluate key personal and professional characteristics. From 2018, the State Government of Victoria requires all students who wish to enrol in accredited Initial Teacher Education courses to complete this test as part of application for admission.

What is the format of the Casper test?

The test takes approximately 90 minutes, which includes the introduction, about 65 minutes of questions and a 15 minutes of break at the halfway point. It is composed of 12 sections. Each section contains either a video-based scenario, or a word-based scenario, followed by a series of 3 probing questions. All 3 questions must be answered within a total of 5 minutes.

It is an assessment of non-cognitive skills, such as professionalism, communication, ethics, empathy, and motivation, and serves to complement the cognitive assessments that are already required by the programs.

How long will the Casper results be valid for?

Your Casper results are only valid for a single application cycle, and only for the program type (Med, Nursing, etc…) for which you have written the test. You will need to write a separate Casper Test for future application cycles or different program types.

What is a Diploma?

A “Diploma” is a qualification granted by an educational institution, such as vocational education and training (VET) sector or university. It is typically completed with 12 to 18 months of full-time study. When accepted for credit as part of a bachelor’s degree, it is usually deemed to be equivalent to the first year of the degree,

It is also a pathway into popular universities’ degrees in different fields.

Whether you’ve finished high school and you are not sure what you want to do in the future, or if you are ready in the workforce and want to advance your career with additional qualifications, the Diploma is a great option for you.

Note: not all Australian universities provide Diploma degrees study.